In this article I want to cover an alternative I’ve come across while building the “real” word clock project. This version will not feature a 12×12 LED-Matrix display. Instead it’s made with LED strips and only the significant words on the clock can light up. With this method you can’t display custom messages, but the whole build won’t cost you as much either. Read all about this build in this article or watch this video:
Just a real quick update about the project. Continue reading Homemade DIY word clock – A quick update
I have taken apart several old computers this weekend and so I had several old PSU laying around afterwards. I opened one up that was known to be faulty, that’s why I got the computer for free. So I took a quick look inside and several caps were leaking. I decided not to throw it away, instead I repaired the PSU and gave the internals a new life. I actually had this idea years ago but I didn’t have a spare PSU I could take apart. Here is a rough guide on how to build your own power supply for almost no cost at all! Continue reading Quick build: DIY bench power supply from an old computer’s PSU
Some time ago I wrote an article about how to get started with Windows 10 App development. This article will introduce you to Mac-Apps and will guide you through the process of programming one with Xamarin and C#.
Easy to follow video included at the end of the article.
This is the last revision I’m going to post before I completely finish the post. It has all the features I wanted and defined in the first part, and it’s as easy to manufacture and to build as possible. So this is just a really short and quick update with the newest files for editing and printing. Continue reading Homemade DIY word clock – Part 3.1
In this part I’ll discuss the code, needed to set and read the current time from the RTC and to control the individual LEDs on the LED matrix:
An update on the project
It’s been a while since I posted something about the wordclock build. I want to apologise for that. I’ve been somewhat busy because of the university and I haven’t quite found the time to write about the project. Also it took me some tries to make the PCB at home. It took five tries until I was satisfied with the outcome.