Homemade DIY word clock – A quick update

Obsolete information! Please view this article for a complete and easier guide!

Just a real quick update about the project.

I actually did not forget about it and it has been a while since I last wrote something on the blog. I want to apologize for that, this was due to a lot of exams at the end of the semester.

However, yesterday I started building the clock and almost finished it, when I found a major flaw in my design: The PCBs are not wide enought to be mounted in the case properly, so you would have to glue them in somehow (I really don’t want to use a lot of glue in my builds, because it makes servicing them really hard, however I might still do it in this single case, because it’s the first prototype and I already have everything that I need). So I made a new revision of the boards with a slightly larger outline. Everything else remained unchanged.

Also: The printed glas front-panel didn’t work out at all, because light was shining through the black parts and it just looked weird. These two things threw me back in this project. Anyways now I know where mistakes were made and I’ll try to finish the build as soon as possible.

Leave your two cents, comment here!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.